Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Dear friends and family,

I have come to a decision to leave YWAM for a time to rest with Jesus. As I have been resting life altered its direction towards college at Azusa Pacific University. I have been praying about taking time out of missions to get educated at University of the Nations but Azusa Pacific had made its imprint on me by its education and location.

I have been looking through the lens God has given me to see his wisdom and insight into my life. I am certain my life is not my own, my life belongs to advancing Yahweh's' Kingdom and extending the identity of being Yahweh's sons and daughters to others around me. The church is my focus so I am looking forward to understanding this dynamic community and encouraging us as a community to be more focused unto Christ. God helped me to see the people I look up to in the church are educated, have doctor degrees. No, its not the degree but his glory that makes the change in our small world but the understand, wisdom, knowledge does help push us into a healthy, new direction.

Studying at Azusa Pacific will challenge my understandings of Christ and the church for the better. I am looking forward to being edified and educated by the Holy Spirit as I am studying at Azusa Pacific. I would like to study one of these subjects in college: Theology, Film, or Journalism. I could be surprised with a new found love for a different subject but I don't see that happening. Who knows tho?

This was a difficult decision to make because the sacrifice was the missionary-traveling lifestyle. The sacrifice was not seeing my family/friends in YWAM:Boston face to face as often as I would like. The other sacrifice which was the most difficult was letting go of living and reaching out in Boston for a while. God gave me a heart that was committed to the work in Boston and the people in Boston. I will miss it all. I know it will always be there and I will be able to go back when I am finished with school but I will still miss being in it. The community I had at YWAM will never be the same again, the identity will change as people come and go. So even when I go back it would not be the same. That is okay tho.


Christ is our/my focus. I am looking forward to the change Christ will make in all of us. We will never be the same again because of Christ's finger upon our hearts.

SO!
I am closing the blog Infect Boston but the infection Christ will bring in Boston will continue and will be expressed in new ways by others touched by his glory.

I am happy we can all be friends after this war in our world. For eternity we can all hang out! Always remember Christ is supreme and nothing can over stand him and his ways.

May The Lord bless you and keep you.
May the Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you.
May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.

14For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, 16that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Ephesians 3:14-21

Thank you for following the small glimpse of Christ that I recorded.
LOVE YOU!
Jordan.

THAT'S A WRAP!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jordan. It's emotional reading this. It's sad to see this chapter end, but very cool to see what lies ahead as well. I continually encourage you my brother in all that Christ has for you. Very well said closing post.

    ReplyDelete